Independent game publisher Digital Smash has announced the Playstation 4 release of Toy Odyssey: The Lost and The Found™, developed by Vietnam based Hiker Games. Toy Odyssey can be found on Steam for PC, Xbox One Marketplace, and now coming to the Playstation Store. To celebrate the launch and show love to the Valentine’s Day singles, the game will launch on sale for $13.49/£11.49 (As opposed to the retail price of $14.99).
Digital Smash’s mission is to support indie gems like Toy Odyssey and has handled all aspects of bringing the game to both Playstation 4 and Xbox One. It is the first title from Vietnam to arrive on console with Digital Smash making it their mission to ensure their success.
“When we began working with Hiker Games, we became excited at the prospect of releasing Toy Odyssey to the western market,” said David Klein, President of Digital Smash. “This is a title we think will resonate gamers of all ages and backgrounds, and thus, we can’t wait to see it flourish on the PS4, to open up a much wider audience than ever before.”
● Unlimited replayability with procedural level generation
● Metroidvania style puzzles and missions
● Hard-as-nails gameplay as a dedication to the difficulty of classic games
● Beautifully detailed art, reminiscent of classic 8-bit and 16-bit platformers
● Over 30,000 lines of (skippable) dialog for those that want a good story
● Hundreds of weapon and item upgrades with a detailed crafting system
● More than 300 types of enemies, as well as seven terrifying bosses, all on the path to stop you
● Base Defense gameplay mechanics: Protect the bedroom at all costs!
In addition to the Playstation 4 premier, the charming art style of Toy Odyssey has been selected to be shown at this year’s Game Developers Conference (February 27th to March 3rd) as part of the Art Boss showcase. Art Boss aims to be the definitive annual showcase for artists working in the games industry, highlighting all forms of artwork created during game production — from concept through release.