Orange Bison is looking for new talent! We have some open positions for game reviews & news.
What games do we review?
At Orange Bison we review and cover indie games only. If it’s Indie then we want to hear about it!
How do we compensate our writers?
Orange Bison has been around now for over a year! We have made great progress in that time and are now in the process of monetising the platform.
As a reviewer for Orange Bison we can offer the following:
- In most cases the game for review will be provided to you free of charge
- You will be credited for all of your work
- You will get your own spot on the Orange Bison About Us page
- You will get your own Author completed works page to showcase your writing
- Access to an Orange Bison e-mail account to contact prospective game devs
What is Orange Bisons review style?
At Orange Bison we like a relaxed feel and tone. Writers have the freedom to review any game how they please, as long as it is an honest review of the game.
Feel free to look at previously published reviews and news items to get a feel for our voice.
A good intro is essential.You can use this section to grab the readers attention and provide some context such as the game developer etc.
Our writers have the freedom to select a review score from 1 to 10. We believe it is important that the reviewer set their own score, however all scores are reviewed against the actual review and in some cases although very few we will change the score. If a low score is given or a high score you must give a very good reason.
Want to get involved?
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those in consideration will be followed up by Orange Bison team members.
We are accepting applicants from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand at this time.
- Your name and address along with your social media handles.
- Any experience you have had previously reviewing games or writing for other online publications.
- What platforms you have available for review assignments. Most will be for the PC however we will have games for other platforms such as the Xbox One, PS4 etc.
- A minimum of two examples of your previous writing. This can be published or unpublished. If you haven’t previously written a review then find two indie games you like and write a review on them. Remember to use our voice, read previously published reviews and news to see our writing style.
For now there is no official deadline for submissions. We will continue to review applications as they are received. All emails to be sent to email@example.com with the subject heading “Review Application”.